In Bangkok for a 2nd time. As Thai’s would say, it’s ‘same same but different’. Tomorrow, we leave Bangkok. Martin heads back to Berlin and I head to Mumbai for 4 days before flying home to Atlanta.
Highlights from this 3 month adventure include:
- Thai Lady Boys
- Hoi An, Vietnam.
- Halong Bay
- Thai food
- My artwork purchase from Siem Reap
- Children’s Orphanage in Sri Lanka
- The satisfaction of climbing Adam’s Peak in Sri Lanka
- The glory of visiting Kerala, India.
- A massive 3 day Indian wedding.
- Taj Mahal (for a 2nd time)
- Angkor Wat
- Luang Prabang, Laos.
- The Saigon congested traffic.
Transportation taken from place to place (not including day trips):
- Planes: 18
- Buses: 10
- Trains: 3
- Van/Car: 9
- Ferry: 2
- Most we paid for a hotel (for 2 nights only): $50
- Least we paid for a hotel: $5
- Most expensive meal: $15
- Cheapest Meal: $2
- My overall trip budget: OVER budget (darn)…however, it was worth every cent.
- Kerala driver.
- Gecko flying out of a drink.
- Leech on me while trekking.
- Drunk tuk tuk driver taking us home in Laos
- An angry English man yelling at a Thai lady saying she was all sorts of things and that he was going to kill her and burn down her business: slightly traumatizing to witness.
- Getting ripped off by a bike taxi.
- Getting downgraded to crap hostels.
- All the drunks of Koh Phi Phi
- A Thai massage that left me sore for days.
- Overnight buses that are 11 hours long. And, overnight Thai buses that are 11 hours long…
- Looking foward to not having to figure out where I am going to sleep each night. Excited not to be a nomad. Thrilled not to be lugging my backpack everywhere. Stoked not to have to worry if I have my passport on me every 2 seconds. And, most of all, looking forward to having a break from curry and rice for a while (I forsee a lot of Mexican in my diet next month).
This trip goes down as one of the greatest adventures I’ve ever had. And, this post goes down as the last one from Asia. I have had a lot of fun writing it and I hope I have kept you mildly entertained for the last 3 months.
– Rali (signing out!). xo